Church Land ProgrammeIn solidarity with the landless poor!
The Church Land Programme (CLP) is an independent non-profit organisation that works through a process of animation with groups of poor people to create unique responses to their unique situations.
Our small dynamic team wants a dedicated activist to join the organisation in Pietermaritzburg.
Purpose of the job:
- To affirm, learn from and journey with those who are systematically excluded and impoverished in their struggles related to land and justice.
- To manage the development of the programme content, facilitating and monitoring implementation in the field.
- Work in solidarity with and learn from people whose lives are affected by the failure to realize land rights in practice.
The ideal candidate will:
- be a good listener and learner from local experiences of democratic praxis;
- understand the living politics and theory of social movements;
- have a drivers license;
- be able to travel frequently and undertake regular visits to rural areas;
- be computer literate (Microsoft office package, Open source, etc);
- be fluent in English and isiZulu, isiXhosa or SeSotho (Afrikaans would be an advantage);
- enjoy working as part of a team, sharing responsibility and trust.
Those interested in joining our team should submit a covering letter and a comprehensive CV with current contact details and 3 current contactable references to:
• e-mail:- firstname.lastname@example.org,
• fax:- 033 3461141,
• post:- to Suite 23 Postnet, Private Bag X9005, Pietermaritzburg, 3200.
CLOSING DATE: 5.00pm, 5 April 2013.